KAYA FM reflects the lives of the predominantly black, urban listener between the ages 25 – 49 living in Gauteng. The station broadcasts both music and talk. KAYA FM 95.9 broadcasts in English on the FM frequency signal 95 (Dot) 9, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The current listenership stands at 566 000 per average day and 931 000 per average 7 days
The music format offers a diverse and soulful mix of adult contemporary music to smoother sounds like R&B, World Music and Soul and Jazz.
KAYA FM 95.9 is a rich mix of music, news, sport and topic driven features.
The core Kaya listener is Afropolitan: a mature, sophisticated, socially conscious individual rooted in heritage. The Afropolitan is a progressive thought-leader who is self-determining, discerning, well-informed and a player in the global environment.
The typical Kaya listener is:
- On average 37 years of age.
- Has an average HH income of R15 006.
- 46% female and 54% male.
- In LSM 6-10.
- Greater Johannesburg Metropolitan area
- Northern Boundary: Pretoria boundary
- Eastern Boundary: Springs
- Southern Boundary: Vanderbijlpark
- Western Boundary: Carletonville
- KAYA is a mindset
- KAYA is a vital enhancing formula
- KAYA cultivates a well informed audience
- KAYA is today’s passport to tomorrow’s growth
- KAYA is a place you can call home
- KAYA will be here tomorrow with you
- KAYA is African for the African in spirit
- KAYA is the home of distinguished, discerning, and decision-makers
- KAYA reminds us that we live in a great city
- KAYA is home to opinion leaders, shaping the future
- KAYA’s listeners can grow your business
- KAYA is for distinguished business
Kaya FM is committed to a code of conduct as outlined by the Broadcasting Complaints Commission of South Africa (BCCSA). If you believe that our programming does not adhere to this conduct, please contact the BCCSA on www.bccsa.co.za or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 412 365, Craighall, 2014.